Teacher Assistant Substitute Teacher Jobs
Teacher assistants work under a teacher’s supervision to give students additional attention and instruction and helps to maintain a positive and supportive environment.
Teacher assistant responsibilities include:
- Reinforcing lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups.
- Enforcing school and class rules to help encourage proper student behavior.
- Helping teachers with record-keeping, such as tracking attendance, monitoring students’ progress, and calculating grades
- Helping teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment, such as computers
- Helping supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips